My Flying Car 2020
A
I grew up in an America where people were rightfully ashamed to be overtly racist and xenophobic, politicians tried to operate a funded, functional government as a matter of course, and the mainstream media had a reputation for fact-based reporting. So Charlie's really just telling the truth.
NobleToad @ShadowPunch
💯🎯
09:10 AM - Nov 24, 2023
09:21 AM - Nov 24, 2023
DMA Anderson
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
I'm hopeful in this thread that all will consider the difference between one's "personal experience of" America vs the "systemic, institutional reality of" America, which Grok was describing. Your not experiencing it doesn't mean it wasn't real, but that you were exempted from or not exposed to it.
11:14 AM - Nov 24, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to DMA Anderson.
Thank you - I felt, but couldn't articulate this point. In my response to @ShadowPunch I co-signed Grok's point by pointing out the willful indifference and propaganda that go into misremembering what America once was, bc "Great Again" is BS.
11:39 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Debbie Lu
A
Also in my early 60s, the contrast in my experience and the OP is dramatic. I grew up in a very diverse and inclusive neighborhood and didn’t stare racist BS in the face until forced school integration brought some unashamed racists out of their closet. An eye opening exp trying to make a comeback.
10:02 AM - Nov 24, 2023
J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him)
A
Yes, just not the truth he thinks he's telling (or the "truth" he's selling to the rubes?)
10:02 AM - Nov 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}