My Flying Car 2020
A
I grew up in an America where people were rightfully ashamed to be overtly racist and xenophobic, politicians tried to operate a funded, functional government as a matter of course, and the mainstream media had a reputation for fact-based reporting. So Charlie's really just telling the truth.
NobleToad @ShadowPunch
💯🎯
09:10 AM - Nov 24, 2023
09:21 AM - Nov 24, 2023
DMA Anderson
A
I'm hopeful in this thread that all will consider the difference between one's "personal experience of" America vs the "systemic, institutional reality of" America, which Grok was describing. Your not experiencing it doesn't mean it wasn't real, but that you were exempted from or not exposed to it.
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
11:14 AM - Nov 24, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to DMA Anderson.
Thank you - I felt, but couldn't articulate this point. In my response to @ShadowPunch I co-signed Grok's point by pointing out the willful indifference and propaganda that go into misremembering what America once was, bc "Great Again" is BS.
11:39 AM - Nov 24, 2023
DMA Anderson
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
Yes, this. One thing social media and cameras have done, for some, is revealed a world they never saw and actively denied. Some stay in denial, some go quiet for myriad reasons, and some learn the distinction, at last, between the personal and the systemic. We desperately need the latter by 2024.
11:46 AM - Nov 24, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}