Sharon Oates
A
When you are complaining about the school budgets in your state and counties,take a moment to research if your state is doing this.
They are cutting the budgets for public schools and giving the money to private schools.These are schools your child will probably never be welcomed at.Elections matter
Ronald Alexander @djchefron
I wish people would wake up to the fact that MAGA/GQP is just like the mafia charging street taxes to enrich "the families" wallets

Florida passed a $4 billion transfer from public schools to unaccountable private ones. A lawmaker said, “I’m one of the millionaires who will get a scholarship.”
09:15 AM - Nov 24, 2023
10:10 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Jamie Walker
A
In response to Sharon Oates.
I've read that where this is happening, the rich are praising the scholarships their children are receiving to attend private schools.
10:25 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Sharon Oates
A
In response to Jamie Walker.
Of course it is the rich praising it. How many middle class or poor kids are getting into these schools.
The rich kids are probably already going to one of these schools.
10:42 AM - Nov 24, 2023 (Edited)
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to Sharon Oates.
Nebraska is the only state (so far) with the opportunity to vote to repeal Betsy DeVos voucher schemes on the November 2024 ballot.
10:19 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Sharon Oates
A
In response to Ronald Alexander.
People who have children in public schools should be starting sign-up sheets for those who oppose it. Get all those signatures to their school boards and legislatures. Get it on the ballot.
Pretty sure there are a lot of parents who know nothing about this.
10:46 AM - Nov 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}