Yimi_Kyrabo
A
Being pro prison reform, I must say even Derek Chauvin deserves a safe prison experience. Anyone there does. I'll say it again.

'If we (society) aren't going to kill them, we should let them live.'

Enough w/killing wrongdoers softly. Sincere attempts at reform, humane sentences and confinements.
08:01 PM - Nov 25, 2023
Archie Leach
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
Agree. We should not be the monsters that we imagine we are locking up by turning a blind eye to violence and brutality behind bars. Most people we lock up will be out again at some point. We must plan for that day and treat prisoners accordingly.
08:11 PM - Nov 25, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to Archie Leach.
That would be difficult. Yesterday when Oscar Pistorius's news of being released broke people on here were pissed because I guess from the tone he didn't pay enough for his crime. Not passing judgment but it is ingrained in us to want vengeance for wrongs done to us or others
08:17 PM - Nov 25, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Archie Leach.
100%! Part of the problem is that too many of us and those running the system, (cops, lawyers and judges) like it both ways. They hype the chaos and lack of safety as a deterrent and if someone is harmed, they also get to promote the 'they're all animals and belong there' narrative.
08:19 PM - Nov 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}