Susan L
A
thread 1/3
Is it me?
Or is this really weird?
It’s still bugging me.

There are a couple of piles of leaves on my side yard. The side of our big 1 acre yard out in the country

My husband has been putting them through the mulcher and spreading them on his new baby fruit trees. The day
02:01 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Susan L
A
thread 2/3
before thanksgiving, our next door neighbor texted, “happy thanksgiving! Oh, and I can come by and rake up your leaves and put them in your bin for you before it snows if you want. It won’t take me very long at all. Let me know.”

It seemed very weird and passive aggressive and
Susan L
A
thread 3/3
like she was so bothered by the leaves in OUR yard that she needed to come rake them up.

So is it me? Or is that just f-ing strange? I’m still bothered by it almost a week later.

I was so flabbergasted, I didn’t even respond to her.

Not the suburbs. Not in an hoa. Cows & horses down the street.
Connie Hewitt
A
In response to Susan L.
I almost kill myself raking up leaves from 5 enormous trees so i would not be pleased to find extra piles! If your husband wants any more.....I have 60 bags for him!
02:39 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Melanie Johnson-Moxley
A
In response to Susan L.
It is a bit unusual. My neighbor, now a friend, sometimes did this sort of thing because she was unsettled when the seasons changed. It didn't really have anything to do with my leaves. It's hard to read people sometimes, but maybe she could do with a nice long walk in the woods to de-stress. 🍁🍂
02:21 PM - Nov 27, 2023
JayTuma1 (She/Her)
A
In response to Susan L.
That's passive aggressive for sure.
02:18 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Rachael Elizabeth
A
In response to Susan L.
That was definitely uncalled for and intrusive of her. Our across the street neighbor has walked across the street and mowed down our dandelions, and raked up our leaves that my mom had spread out.

Such nosy people.
02:10 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Susan L
A
In response to Rachael Elizabeth.
OMG 😳
02:10 PM - Nov 27, 2023
hal
A
In response to Susan L.
My yard is ankle-deep in leaves and will be dealt with as the elements see fit.
02:08 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Susan L.
Some people are weird about leaves. I mean, they turn into soil, right?
02:07 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
i used to enjoy raking them for the autumnosity of it all. the cool air, clear blue sky, crunchy leaves. then i developed seasonal allergies, one of which was to leaf mold, so i gave it up. on my husband's last lawn mow of the season, he chomps up the leaves & the fragments stay yearround.
02:12 PM - Nov 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}