Stoney Hemper
B
I support the second amendment as it is written.

I insist on a well-regulated militia.

Who the fuck is regulating this shit?

$NRA$

No responsible gun owner should have a problem with background checks, 21-yr. old purchase, red flag laws, and taking the Assault rifles off the shelves.
08:25 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Bill Horton
A
In response to Stoney Hemper.
I'm a 2nd Amendment Democrat. I've owned guns for over 50 yrs. I hunted, a lot. My grandfather gave me a lifetime NRA membership in 1973. I renounced my membership in 1978 after the moves the NRA made in '77. They switched from a gun safety education/responsible gun ownership to gunmaker lobby.
08:33 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I appreciate what you've done. Perhaps instead of saying you're a 'second amendment' Democrat, just say you are a gun owner. The 2nd Amendment clearly refers to a 'well organized militia', not individuals. Not here to argue. Just food for thought :-)
In response to Bill Horton.
09:27 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Bill Horton
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
I wish I had the luxury of being just a gun owner. I'm all for a well regulated militia. I had my conceal and carry permit for 10 yrs before I gave it up to get a medical cannabis permit. I live in a very red area, and have been an assault victim. I was only assaulted once...
09:58 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Bill Horton.
I am so sorry for what you went through and please know that my response was not meant to be combative in any way. I admit that I get triggered when people throw around the 2nd Amendment. I often feel that some people believe this should supersede everything else.
10:48 AM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}