Stoney Hemper
B
I support the second amendment as it is written.

I insist on a well-regulated militia.

Who the fuck is regulating this shit?

$NRA$

No responsible gun owner should have a problem with background checks, 21-yr. old purchase, red flag laws, and taking the Assault rifles off the shelves.
08:25 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Bill Horton
A
In response to Stoney Hemper.
I'm a 2nd Amendment Democrat. I've owned guns for over 50 yrs. I hunted, a lot. My grandfather gave me a lifetime NRA membership in 1973. I renounced my membership in 1978 after the moves the NRA made in '77. They switched from a gun safety education/responsible gun ownership to gunmaker lobby.
08:33 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Bill Horton.
I appreciate what you've done. Perhaps instead of saying you're a 'second amendment' Democrat, just say you are a gun owner. The 2nd Amendment clearly refers to a 'well organized militia', not individuals. Not here to argue. Just food for thought :-)
09:27 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Bill Horton
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
I wish I had the luxury of being just a gun owner. I'm all for a well regulated militia. I had my conceal and carry permit for 10 yrs before I gave it up to get a medical cannabis permit. I live in a very red area, and have been an assault victim. I was only assaulted once...
09:58 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I am so sorry for what you went through and please know that my response was not meant to be combative in any way. I admit that I get triggered when people throw around the 2nd Amendment. I often feel that some people believe this should supersede everything else.
In response to Bill Horton.
10:48 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Bill Horton
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
I didn't take offense at all, & I apologize for my lack of clarity in 300 characters. When I was a child my parents were poor, really poor. My parents were too proud to accept charity. We hunted for food, as many times this was what we had to eat. Guns meant survival to me in the 60s and 70s.
03:53 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I think this is a teaching moment for both of us about assumptions. I'm so glad we behaved like adults in gaining a better understanding and having empathy for one another. Another reason I love #Spoutible !
04:28 PM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}