Thurgood Du Bois
A
Racist code being spoken out loud. Again.

Purifiication starts with dehumanization.

#Spoutible #BlackSpoutible #Tennessee #staywoke #WokeIsGood
09:51 AM - Mar 02, 2023
JeffCO
A
In response to Thurgood Du Bois.
Is that even code?

Hey, headline writers, he didn't say bring back hanging as a method of execution. He said "hanging on a tree" - only one thing that means so far as I know.

They just love to soften the actual racist language used by the actual racist assholes.
03:30 PM - Mar 02, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to JeffCO.
I've lived in TN for 12.5 years now. It SUCKS here.

I'm actively looking for a new place to live. I've got an elderly mother I care for, so it's not an easy move wherever I might go, but I'm looking for suggestions.
03:36 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Curmudgeon Walton
A
... and over here in the UK, we have a Conservative MP who wants to re-introduce convict chain gangs to solve labour shortages caused by Brexit!
(about a minute and a half in)
https://www.youtube.com/wa...
Just Lee Anderson saying all the wrong things about food poverty - YouTube

In a Westminster Hall debate on food security and food poverty, Lee Anderson rolled out all his greatest hits in one speech.Follow us on Tik Tok: https://www...

03:28 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Gabrielle Feldman
A
Disgusting racism
11:51 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Carine Crowell
A
To be fair they have been spoken out loud for a very long time. People just be asking questions like what does this mean? What does that mean. Now they’re taking the guesswork out for you. But it’s been there the whole time if we don’t vote we will find out they’re not playing!
11:28 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to Carine Crowell.
11:31 AM - Mar 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (theemama24) can see their posts

Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to Ada.
11:32 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
In response to Ada.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
10:35 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Ground Control
A
This is one of many reasons I left TN behind me. Every time they make national news (exceptions: Taylor Swift and Dolly Parton), it's for backwards, hateful stuff like this.
11:02 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Indigo
A
Those r*cist mfs are legit trying to return this country to the colonial times.
10:22 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to Indigo.
And it's working. If we on the right side of history don't start pushing back strategically they will run the table. They have the SCOTUS on their side for God knows how long after giving them the 2016 election. Now the fight will be harder but we gotta fight on.
10:24 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Girlboxingnow
A
As it is capital punishment is an abomination, but bringing back hanging in a time of such turmoil is clearly meant to intimidate and terrorize Black people in America. As it is, the state is terrorizing LBGTQ+ people with their anti-trans legislation. This latest is saying ... WE WILL LYNCH YOU.
10:04 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Bev Turner
A
It is so weird living in Tennessee sometimes. Just last election cycle, our citizens voted to amend the state constitution making owning a human illegal. Seems like that should've been done following The Civil War. Luckily, it passed.
09:56 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Remember what a number of states did after the 2020 election? They started passing voter suppression laws bc they were upset Biden took Georgia and some other states in the general.

Whenever there's progress in 🇺🇸 there's always a backlash. It's baked into the cake culturally.
10:22 AM - Mar 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (Kompari) can see their posts

NeverNotBlack
A
Trash human.
09:53 AM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}