Christopher Bouzy
A
I have been spending a bit of time on Bluesky for our next feature release, and Spoutible is light years ahead of Bluesky. Not because we built Spoutible, but because it's the truth.
07:54 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Gan Nayak Sharma
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I wish news organizations would set up accounts on Spoutible
06:37 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Garnet
A
I'm only on Bluesky because a friend invited me. And there are some people I followed on Xitter there who aren't here yet. I don't feel safe speaking my mind on all subject there, tho. Invite-only is not keeping out the trolls, and even if you block them, you still know they're there, unfettered.
12:07 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Garnet.
i agree with all of this. i was there for a couple of months. there was an undercurrent of ick that i can’t quite describe. but i deleted my account a couple of weeks ago. i go to post.news for news & reddit for my favorite tv shows-many of which keep getting cancelled🙁-but spoutible is my sm home.
12:12 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Sarah Gioia
A
I agree. I'm over there because most of my Twitter friends went there and I missed them but once in awhile, I'll mention that Spoutible has all the features and they should come over this way.
(I mean, no DMs? No bookmarks? And that's just for starters. C'mon Bluesky.)
10:33 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Bastiaan C. Bunnik
A
I agree. It is terribly bare bones (the app is faster than X, but probably because there's so little in it). I do have many contacts there, so I will probably be on there regularly though, so crossposting is a great step.
09:28 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Patsy
A
I have yet to see the allure of Bluesky. Many of my fave legal/journalist/research/literary accts are there now but they are mainly snark, reserving their real info for their substacks. Operationally the features are few and the platform is s-l-o-w. Not much "News", and non-political #'s are few.
08:12 AM - Nov 29, 2023 (Edited)
Lipsticktraces
B
A tiny bit of blue may be okay.
08:08 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Carla Vivarttas
B
I have noticed some disturbing behavior on Spoutible of late, especially with regards to criticism of Israel. It seems that any criticism of Israel is deemed "hate speech" or trolling. I have enjoyed Spoutible but I am tired of seeing coordinated attacks when people express a different opinion.
08:08 AM - Nov 29, 2023
HoustonTexansSpouts
A
In response to Carla Vivarttas.
Yep
08:07 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Sweet Andrej
A
In response to Carla Vivarttas.
Same here. That is why I am laying low.
03:15 AM - Dec 02, 2023
Lance Goff