Socio-gen
A
thread 1/2
Helpful tip: if you're going to talk bigoted shit, maybe *don't* do it in front of a client while wearing your company's uniform and unloading your tools from the vehicle with your company's name boldly splashed across it.

In other news: my little water leak is now being fixed for free.
08:09 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Socio-gen
A
thread 2/2
Pleased to say the company (a small local plumbing biz) took this very seriously. The owner drove down personally to apologize, assure me the two dudes were terminated, and did the repair himself without charge
08:13 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Megan Langford
A
Will you share exactly what you did when you heard the bigotry? I assume called the company to report, but did you have to confront the workers and tell them to leave? That kind of confrontation makes me anxious so curious how you handled it.
In response to Socio-gen.
08:43 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Megan Langford.
I was more polite than I normally would've been (MUCH less cursing) because my 9yo grandson was with me, as we were about to leave for school.

I wanted him to have an example to follow when he encounters bigotry. (We talked about it on our drive, about how we stand up for others.)
09:26 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Megan Langford
A
Love that, so important.
09:35 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Megan Langford.
I did confront them. I just calmly, but quite firmly told them to put their stuff back because "I will not allow anyone who says transphobic shit into my home."

Being 40's-ish white males, they tried the "are you kidding?" shtick, acting like I was over-reacting. I just repeated myself.
09:22 AM - Nov 29, 2023 (Edited)
Socio-gen
A
When I called the company, I was, again, polite but firm and asked to speak with a manager or owner. They asked why and I explained that their employees had used bigoted language. I was immediately transferred and spoke to the co-owner. She was outraged, told me 'Steve' would call right away.
09:30 AM - Nov 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}