David Adam Edelstein
A
WTAF. "Marriage across religious or political lines ... can be associated with lower levels of life satisfaction."

🤬 lower levels of life satisfaction, what about marrying someone who might decide that their LGBTQIA+++ kid is sub-human???
Thee NW Mankiller Magpie @TheNWMagpie
The Washington Post is back on their right-wing-fuelled bullshit.

"Waaaah, liberal women don't want to marry MAGAts who think they're less than human!"

Yeah, piss off with that, and die mad about it.
02:45 PM - Nov 26, 2023
03:26 PM - Nov 26, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
In response to David Adam Edelstein.
Marriage has, for years, proven statisticallly that WOMEN are less satisfied and happy IN a marriage than men, or women NOT in a marriage.
Hmmmmm.....wonder why??
04:03 PM - Nov 26, 2023
James Winter ( jmão )
A
In response to Connie Hewitt.
Are we saying that without citations that EVERY woman has married poorly? I feel that there are far too many 30-40 year anniversaries for this to be purely accurate. I think that if both partners of a relationship MARRY > 26 years of age than before.. the chances of success & happiness are higher.
04:12 PM - Nov 26, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
In response to James Winter ( jmão ).
Of course not. Its saying that more women are unsatisfied IN marraige than unmarried women and the majority of men.
05:22 PM - Nov 26, 2023
James Winter ( jmão )
A
Fair, and JUST MAYBE there’s something to be said for WHY that might be the case. Do you tend to believe and keep everything at face value? Or try to determine WHY that might be? If women are unhappy IN marriage, is it ALWAYS bc HE is the problem?! Is it ALWAYS & ONLY one-sided?
07:55 PM - Nov 26, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
It is the structure of the institution of marriage that CAN manifest in many ways to diminish the woman, for one thing. It also tends TRADITIONALLY, to be more work for the woman.
09:01 PM - Nov 26, 2023
James Winter ( jmão )
A
Oh believe me!! As much as I teach, I’m not remotely stupid enough to think my wife EVER had it easier than I with 3 kids & 2 stepkids to care for. No chance I’m ever arguing that one. She is our CPA & Admiral here. I help HER all I can. She more than deserves it & I’m not insensitive to deprive it!
10:18 PM - Nov 26, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
Some marraiges are more equitable than others and some men are more enlightened than others. But there IS a reason why the divorce rate is so high and many women are not as enamored w/marriage anymore. Men who feel the need to CONTROL their partner will absolutely drive them away, too.
10:33 PM - Nov 26, 2023
James Winter ( jmão )
A
As I feel ought to be the key to any marriage, my wife has the same autonomy that she had prior to marriage… just no dating. It’s not an open marriage in that regard. If she wants to travel? Go travel! She does what she wants in any other way.
08:39 AM - Nov 27, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
That is exactly how it should be! More marraiges would survive if BOTH partners got to be THEMSELVES!
12:18 PM - Nov 27, 2023
James Winter ( jmão )
A
Pres Carter gave his 4 hints towards having a fantastic marriage!
1) BE selective-don’t settle!
2) Give SPACE/INDEPENDENCE to the other!
3)Don’t go to sleep angry
4) Have simple things that you BOTH love to do TOGETHER. (They don’t have to be expense dates/meals.. just quality time together).
10:50 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
I agree wholeheartedly! And thats one more reason i believe that Jimmy Carter is one of the most admirable men our country has ever seen!
12:17 PM - Nov 30, 2023
James Winter ( jmão )
A
Talk about America misreading the room!! And for what, REAGAN?! We were sooo over our own heads. In his FIRST term? Iran-Contra Scandal?! Then his General Amnesty which was likely an attempt to appease dems, was likely to be a huge beginning to the DACA issue& His CHUMMING UP TO OBL & Saddam!
05:10 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
Dont forget the fallacy of TRICKLE DOWN economics.
11:03 AM - Dec 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}