Qest
A
Ah, so you don’t see a difference between getting arrested and getting taken hostage?
Madies Scythian @Madies
Not familiar with..?
"According to the IDF, some 2,100 Palestinians have been arrested in the West Bank amid the ongoing war in Gaza"
https://www.timesofisrael....
11:21 AM - Nov 30, 2023
02:57 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Qest.
Looks to me the IDF is taking new hostages to make up for the ones they have been forced to release. Hamas should do the same. That's the problem with being called the govt vs being called a terrorist organization.
03:25 PM - Nov 30, 2023 (Edited)
Qest
A
In response to Max Prophet.
I think we call the Israeli government a government because they govern a successful democracy and their army wear uniforms, etc. Hamas labels themselves terrorists by their declarations, statements, and actions. It’s not that we just call them differently out of bias.
03:44 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Qest.
More accurately an apartheid gov't. But my main point is the difference in terminology between what is essentially the same actions. And fwiw hamas was voted as the govt of Gaza.i was just using extremes to make the point.
03:46 PM - Nov 30, 2023 (Edited)
Qest
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Is that more accurate? By the same logic what country isn’t an apartheid government? For example, USA still discriminates against people of color and women, so is USA an apartheid government?
04:15 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Dark Souled
B
In response to Qest.
Black people are not second class citizens in *law*. They are not held in open air prisons.

There's lots wrong with how the US handles black and brown folks but it's *massively* disingenuous to call the US apartheid.

Not so for Israel.
04:20 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Qest
A
In response to Dark Souled.
I honestly don’t know, but couldn’t a Gazan, pre-Oct. 7, travel to the West Bank? Could they then not cross into Jordan and from there travel anywhere in the world?
04:32 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Dark Souled
B
In response to Qest.
NO! They do not have the freedom to travel!

It's fucking apartheid!!
01:03 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Qest
A
Again, I ask out of ignorance, but what prevents them from going to Egypt, and if they are prevented from going to Egypt, then isn’t that Egypt’s fault?
07:09 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Dark Souled
B
In response to Qest.
Israel does. They have barriers around Gaza and the West Bank that are made up of walls and other barriers over at least a kilometer.

They can't leave.
03:17 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Qest
A
Seems to me, the problem is Hamas. Otherwise, Egypt would let them in, at least so they could travel to other Arab countries; but they don’t want them because of Hamas and those like them. Israel can’t be said to be running Gaza like an open-air prison if Egypt is the one guarding the front door.
04:23 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Dark Souled
B
In response to Qest.
The problem is Israel will target literally any Palestinian and you trying to make excuses for their genocide.
12:04 AM - Dec 02, 2023
randy gold
B
Not true. Which other country sends out notices to civilians telling the places to avoid so that they are not harmed? It is terrible that Palestinian civilians are being killed but Israel did not choose this (or any other) war. Hamas is a bunch of cowards that will only operate behind civilians.
08:36 AM - Dec 02, 2023
Dark Souled
B
In response to randy gold.
This is just straight up Israeli propaganda.

How much use is it to warn a hospital an hour before you're going to bomb it (and why bomb a hospital *at all?!*)? None, they can't evacuate in that time, especially not those in intensive care.

It's an act to excuse their genocide.
03:35 PM - Dec 02, 2023
randy gold
B
Israel gave close to a week notice to evacuate the north. Had they needed the advice, the civilian casualties would have been drastically lower. Also, there are over one million Palestinians living in Israel. Israel has no issue with Palestinians, just with Hamas. This is not a genocide……
05:36 PM - Dec 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}