Roxxy Riot
A
thread 1/8
Ok.. so, I've been kicking this idea around in my head for a very long time.
It's mostly empty space, so I had plenty of room.

I wanted to talk about the idea of passing culture and how damaging it is to trans people.
08:51 AM - Dec 04, 2023 (Edited)
Roxxy Riot
A
thread 2/8
I know, I hear you already, "But Roxxy. You're attractive, you post pics all the time here and act like you're some kind of model. What the fuck can you possibly know about the damages of passing culture"

And yeah, i hear you. I fully admit I can't even begin to know other people's experiences.
08:51 AM - Dec 04, 2023
Roxxy Riot
A
thread 3/8
So I think the best thing to do is just talk about myself (obviously, have you met me?)

Prepare for vulnerable Roxxy, it doesn't happen often, enjoy it.
Roxxy Riot
A
thread 4/8
If you're a woman, I imagine a lot of this will sound familiar to you.. misogyny really is a bitch.

I compare myself to impossible standards, constantly.
I was born male, I went through a male puberty.. there's a lot of things about my body shape that are just different than cis girls.
Roxxy Riot
A
thread 5/8
"Look at that girl, she has hips. Why don't you? Look at that girl, why don't you look like that? What's wrong with you?"
It's exhausting.

I spend so much time looking at myself.
Noticing everything that isn't feminine enough.. that I honestly find it difficult to even see myself some days.
Roxxy Riot
A
thread 6/8
This is hard to do without going into dysphoria too much.. but that's a whole other thread for a different day. Lol

Without sounding too hypocritical, looks have nothing to do with identity.

I don't care if it's me, or someone with the most magnificent beard you've ever seen...
Roxxy Riot
A
thread 7/8
If someone tells you they're a woman and they use feminine pronouns, just believe them and do it.

I'm getting ranty, time to stop while I'm ahead.

Uhhh.. in conclusion, we have to continue fighting to decouple sex from gender. They absolutely are not the same thing.
Roxxy Riot
A
thread 8/8
Cool.. that's finally done. If you're trans and would like to add your thoughts, please go ahead.
I clearly don't speak for all of us and I definitely wasn't trying to.

🖤Roxxy
Patrick Madden
A
Rock on. Be yourself.

The "passing" term caught my eye, as many folks with black ancestors, and who have light skin for obvious reasons, can "pass" for white. This leads to a lot of identity questions that might be parallel to yours.

So rock on. Be yourself. You get one life. Live & enjoy it.
In response to Roxxy Riot.
08:08 PM - Dec 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}