Thurgood Du Bois
A
You wanna talk about someone being an anti-racism activitist? Do you know how much easier it would've been for her to just "not get involved?"

She's one great lady and whenever she speaks I listen. #Spoutible #JaneElliott #TrueAlly #QueenJane #staywoke #WokeIsGood

https://youtu.be/XZQO13605r
Jane Elliott leaves white audience speechless - YouTube

Anti-racism activist Jane Elliot left her audience speechless with a brilliant question. Asking anyone to stand up if they would like to be treated the way b...

12:05 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Dana Higbee
A
In response to Thurgood Du Bois.
This is fantastic. And this very type of education is what people like Ron Desantis and the Governor of my home state (Kevin Stitt) are trying to do away with.
07:53 AM - Feb 06, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Always a hero of mine. Showed her video to my seventh and eighth graders for decades till the VCR wore out. Still think of how she asked her audience to stand up if they would choose to be treated as black folks were...and dead silence ensued. Powerful.
12:33 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Erika in Scotland
A
OMG, the question she poses in the vid! How clear it all becomes to those who’ve not questioned it before… I think the same question could be posed about trans people as well, esp w/the intersectionality 💕✨ #antiracist #TransAlly
12:30 PM - Feb 05, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Scott
A
Some simple truth.
12:23 PM - Feb 05, 2023
AstroRicB
A
Hear Hear!
12:21 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Jean Kusz
A
That was incredible. Thank you.
12:17 PM - Feb 05, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
I remember watching her blue eyes/brown eyes elementary class activity on film in first grade. She's amazing. I attended elementary school twelve years after the Civil Rights/Voting Act.
12:11 PM - Feb 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}