Therese Anne Fowler
A
Any fiction readers out there? What are you reading? What do you love? I've just finished a powerful story about Holocaust survivors that will go on submission to editors tomorrow––rare that I blurb a book so early. Also reading a forthcoming bio-historical about Maria Callas.
08:21 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Diana Raabe
A
In response to Therese Anne Fowler.
Yes! Recently read The Mountains in the Sea by Ray Nayler — wonderful!
10:06 AM - Mar 24, 2023 (Edited)
JusticeWithJean
A
I just wrote you a response which poof disappeared. Yes, reading CLOUDSPLITTER by Russell Banks. Love to read everything of a writer I love. Did the same with Toni Morrison and Louise Erdrich. Nice to meet you!
09:26 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Therese Anne Fowler
A
In response to JusticeWithJean.
How did I miss CLOUDSPLITTER? I'll add that to my read-soon list. As for being a completist with favorite authors, I've done that with Ann Patchett and am working my way through Karen Joy Fowler's backlist.
12:14 PM - Mar 03, 2023
JusticeWithJean
A
When Russell Banks died, I ordered CLOUDSPLITTER and it's 700+ pages, but I love the writing, read others. I tend to read everything by a writer I love-- to learn from him/her as a #writer --Nice to meet you!
09:23 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Jenny S
A
I'm currently reading Death Comes to Pemberley, a murder mystery set six years after Pride and Prejudice ends. I'm enjoying it so far, though there's more as-you-know-Bob in it than is really necessary.
08:24 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Therese Anne Fowler
A
In response to Jenny S.
Are you familiar with the novel Pride and Prometheus? It's a literary mashup of Frankenstein and Pride and Prejudice. Brilliantly done––though I have some prejudice, as my husband John Kessel is the author.
08:27 PM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}