Dr. Beth Rohlman
A
Overwhelmed with despair at news of the NHS plan to ween millions of Brits off their "addiction" to antidepressents. No, I'm not British. But I've had plenty of Canadian nurses refer to my use of meds to treat asthma & depression as "addiction." For me, these meds are literally life saving.
09:26 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
In response to Dr. Beth Rohlman.
It's the insurance lobbyists; when anyone not born wealthy needs medical intervention, i.e., pain management, they are to be treated as junkies/"addicts." When the privileged class wants pain meds, it's a life-saving necessity. The cruelty has always been the point; hence the "morality" spin.
09:32 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Dr. Beth Rohlman
A
Exactly that! Even in public systems like UK and Canada, these drug restrictions always come with moralising about how they want to avoid a US style opiod epidemic. Even though Canada is already in a drug poisoning epidemic, and most of the drugs they want to restrict have no relation to fentanyl.
In response to Atheist Spinster.
09:46 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
In response to Dr. Beth Rohlman.
Of course. It's so much easier to target people who are seriously ill and in pain, than to penalize speed freaks for stealing their kids' adderall or asthma medicine. The "ruling class" always favors aggression over healing--- look at Don Junior!
09:50 PM - Mar 02, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}