George Steffanos
A
thread 1/3
May 6, 1983: I shot a bunch of photos yesterday on Big Cedar and Blood Mountain. My camera had another workout this morning, as I traversed another group of scenic ridges with equally picturesque names.
#backpacking #hiking #landscapephotography #Georgia #nature #forest #mountains #appalachiantrail
08:42 AM - Dec 07, 2023
George Steffanos
A
thread 2/3
The six miles of trail between Neels Gap and Tesnatee Gap featured a long uphill climb similar to yesterday’s and some steep downhills, but most of the trail was nicely graded. The ridge crest and summits of Corbin Horse Stamp and Wolf Laurel Top were rather wooded,
George Steffanos
A
thread 3/3
but the lack of foliage at the higher elevations and some nearby cliffs brought my camera out.

From my book Then the Hail Came (A Humorous and Truthful Account of a 1983 #AppalachianTrail Thru-hike). Available in paperback and eBook: https://amazon.com/dp/B09QFG4ZR6
Shadow Townsend
A
I envy you ! My husband and I made the attempt about 23 years ago, but my feet finally blew out in the middle of Va. Hiking boots and gear have come a long way. Please post often and good luck !
In response to George Steffanos.
01:13 PM - Dec 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}