Steve Marmel
A
I am all for a boycott of Walgreens.
But some people, because of their health plan, might not have that luxury.
I do. I can hit one of multiple pharmacies and get my Tic Tacs and less last minute birthday cards elsewhere.
Yes, #BoycottWalgreens
Just don't shame anyone who doesn't have the optio
10:14 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Witchypoo Rose
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
Great reminder, thank you for this.
12:06 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Sitara 68
A
I've been boycotting Walgreens for years. I've been boycotting a lot of companies. Funny how these same companies doing bad shit now deserving boycott have been doing bad shit for decades deserving boycotts. These were companies were never worthy of our money.
08:20 AM - Mar 04, 2023

Only followers of this user (Pecriel) can see their posts

Rachel Lucas
A
What's a good alternative? I can go to CVS or Walmart locally.
07:42 AM - Mar 04, 2023
Not That Karen
A
In response to Rachel Lucas.
Aside from an independent, Costco is about as decent a choice as I know of. They're good to their employees, and you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy.
02:41 PM - Mar 04, 2023
dmark
A
In response to Rachel Lucas.
Fuck Walmart.
10:44 AM - Sep 24, 2023
Jacqueline Smay
A
We have the option theoretically, but the nearest non-Walgreens are a ways away and there's a Walgreens on campus with direct connections to my providers, so as a cancer patient I'm kind of stuck. Too many meds, too many pharma visits, too little room for error or delay. Someone else boycott for me!
02:27 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Karen B
A
I am boycotting Walgreens.
02:19 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
I agree 100%. My mom gets her COPD medication there because it is the pharmacy closest to her and I'[m not going to expect an 83-year-old woman to do what she can't. I have alternatives and won't choose Walgreens. We need to be reality-based.
02:09 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Kate Woods Walker
A
Everyone should price shop. My health plan is an AARP Walgreens plan. The Medicare advisor assured me Walgreens was cheapest. Turned out to be untrue. I thought I was stuck with them until next enrollment. Nope.

Check and switch if possible. Save $$$.
02:06 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Torchy Windrush Brown
A
I am a New Yorker who now lives in a small rural town. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of boycotting Walgreens like I did when I lived in a city. Those of you who can 0lease make your voices heard.
02:06 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Torchy Windrush Brown.
Exactly.
02:11 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Lee Hiller
A
Well said Mr. Marmel
02:01 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Rebekah
A
CVS owns my insurance company so I go through there but I am definitely keeping my eye on them to see if they follow along with Walgreens. In the meantime, definitely going to #BoycottWalgreens
11:53 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Siobhán Maree
A
Excellent point. Thank you.
11:39 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Girl With The Most Cake
A
I am one of those who has no choice, but in August I will be covered by Medicare and I will transfer to a locally owned pharmacy. In the meantime, I can stop spending there for other items. #BoycottWalgreens
10:59 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Agreed, it’s usually a lot more complicated.

It’s similar to airlines, if someone flies from A to B and only one airline flies nonstop, the alternative may only look good on paper
10:56 AM - Mar 03, 2023
VictoriaLandis
A
This is true here in Key Largo. CVS doesn't take Florida Blue - but Walgreens does. And FL Blue is a huge provider here.
10:18 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Jen The Muse
A
Very true. Everyone can write letters or make calls to their hq though. That's also extremely helpful and necessary imo.
10:15 AM - Mar 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}