Dorothy P
A
thread 1/15
There is something I want to say, but I’m going to go about it in a roundabout way. Let’s start with dystopian fiction. Dystopian fiction is white people being treated like BBIMP. The Handmaid’s Tale was based on actual history of what Black and Indigenous women experienced.
09:05 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 2/15
The previous administration let the mask slip and started to show white people that they, white people, were not immune to being treated like BBIMP have been treated since 1619. White people, who know how BBIMP have been treated, didn’t like that they were now on the receiving end of the treatment.
09:10 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 3/15
Like it or not, we have a two party system. Go watch Hamilton for a simplistic explanation. Rather than rebel against the other white people of the party actively working against them, they started protesting against the party trying to undo the damage inflicted by the other party.
09:15 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 4/15
Despite all proclamations of unity and solidarity, white people really do not want to be treated like Black people.
09:18 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 5/15
The current administration has not only reversed most of the damage inflicted by the previous administration, it actively improved the lives of millions. These improvements would be strengthened but for the active obstructions from the other party.
09:21 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 6/15
The office of President of the United States is exactly that, president. Not monarch, not dictator. The Executive Branch must work with the Judicial Branch and the Legislative Branch.
09:23 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 7/15
I’m old enough to have civics as a requirement for middle school graduation. We also had Schoolhouse Rock playing on our TVs every day.
09:25 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 8/15
We also have a Fourth Estate. That is the press. I wanted to be a journalist since I was a kid, and went to J School. The first lesson was to treat the five Ws and one H as Gospel: why what where who when how. That’s the story, Period.
09:31 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 9/15
Since my days in the Pleistocene era of journalism, the major media outlets were bought up by billionaires who changed the focus. Instead of pulling us together, they focused on separating us and playing off the fears of the majority demographic.
09:42 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 10/15
Opinion has been presented as fact, and the majority of that opinion is fear peddled directly to white people. Fear of replacement, fear of losing power, fear of melanated people disrupting the social fabric of white people being the center of… well, everything.
09:55 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 11/15
Before anyone starts with the “not all”, that’s not what I’m saying so miss me with that nonsense.
09:57 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 12/15
International conflicts that this administration have been actively trying to negotiate and provide support for are openly opposed by the other party, but who gets the smoke? The current administration.
10:04 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 13/15
Which brings me back to my original point, dystopia. The opposite of dystopia is a functional society. The other party does not want us to have this, and they are doing everything within their power to make sure we continue the dysfunction.
10:09 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 14/15
I see too many white people who claim to be progressive who are stating they will not vote for Joe Biden because reasons. They say they are bullied because of their stance. They conflate bullying with pushback. They refuse to acknowledge the base of the Democratic Party is Black women…
10:14 PM - Dec 10, 2023
Dorothy P
A
thread 15/15
Yet they insist Black women save the country.

I am so weary of this nonsense. We have two choices despite your wishful thinking. Vote for your country and democracy, or don’t. I don’t care about your hurt feelings.
10:17 PM - Dec 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}