Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/15
Strange that there were no protestors outside my doctors office when I got a vasectomy.

I didn’t have to navigate any local laws or travel out of state.

There were no religious pressure in or out of the doctor’s, or anti-vasectomy pamphlets handed out, no news coverage, no billboards.
05:36 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/15
One thing that did surprise me was I was told to wait 6 months per state rules. I was married at the time and my then wife had to sign off on the procedure and the wait was designed to make me *really consider what I wanted to do.

I didn’t know beforehand I would have to.
05:36 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 3/15
I don't know if that’s still the case as this was in 2010 or so. And on second thought they did give me a pamphlet- pre surgery preparations.

That’s it.

I decided to have vasectomy because I didn’t want more kids & my then wife wanted off birth control for health reasons.
05:37 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 4/15
I had never thought of getting snipped & in talking with friends & family and none had the procedure and most were against it for, reasons that mostly were male fragile ego related and Christian religion I guess.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 5/15
6 months later I showed up and Christine the doctor’s assistant gave me a gown & asked me to undress. Then asked if i shaved. Surprised, I said wut? She stopped and stared, saying, “you were supposed to shave, it was in the pamphlet”

Hmm that was 6 months ago and I totally forgot, I said.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 6/15
“The doctor will be here in 5 minutes" she says. We stared at each other.
05:38 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 7/15
Then Christine said: I’ll shave you.

Me:
05:41 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 8/15
So I get on operating table and Christine, whose quite good looking, lathers me up and begins shaving my junk drawer. Now, being of a certain age and having someone handle my anaconda, back, forth, up, down, repeat repeat repeatrepeateepeat meant that I showed excitement
05:41 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 9/15
So I said quietly but in my soothiest voice: if I’d known vasectomies were this fun I’d have come long ago. Well, Christine lost it & laughed loudly. And as my hospital is a teaching hospital there were student nurses present & they also lost their composure. It was a good laugh
05:42 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 10/15
Until the doctor showed up & told us all to pipe down so he could work. Then he did. I recorded it, too. He sliced me open, pulled the vas deferens-which tho I was locally anesthetized I felt. It didn’t hurt but it was uncomfortable. Then he snipped & sauntered the wound closed
Myron Clifton
A
thread 11/15
He told me to put a bag of frozen peas on it for a few hours & not to do any heavy lifting. That was it. There was no unprotected sex for a month or so & I had to go to follow-up & deposit sperm in a cup again but this time to see if there was still swimmers.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 12/15
That was that. This easy procedure was NOTHING like women & girls have to go through. Not in any way. That it can be this easy for men to prevent pregnancy and to do so without laws, lobbyists, protests, commercials, religious leaders, or posters of crying sperm. Imo it tells me
05:43 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 13/15
that it isn’t about religion, saving “babies” adoption or sex. It’s about controlling women vs controlling themselves/men. It’s an extension of “Why was she dressed like that, what were you wearing, & Brock Turner deserves a second chance”

While republicans are enacting
Myron Clifton
A
thread 14/15
laws in most states to regulate women I’ve yet to see one regulating men, boys, teenagers, rapists, traffickers, and the entirety of maledom that creates all these problems but who find false “solutions” that project all their misogynistic beliefs and toxicity on women instead
Myron Clifton
A
thread 15/15
of getting therapy and fixing their egos and hatred of women.

We should start saying: conception starts with ejaculation and see how men like it.

End

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}