Christopher Bouzy
A
There is no reason to apologize. My name uses 11 characters, so it's natural to shorten it. I am typically not bothered by it. However, that individual was intentionally being rude.
Nana of the Shire @Sunshines_Heart
I apologize. I have often shortened your name to Chris when posting here. I didn’t know you prefer we use your full name. I will remember from now on.
07:13 AM - Dec 16, 2023
07:27 AM - Dec 16, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I know the feeling, mine uses 9 characters but still rare that they call me with my full name, so I was forced to use the shortest one, but sometimes I’m bothered about it depending who’s. We're lucky though because ours, “Chris Ale”, aren't that bad
07:46 AM - Dec 16, 2023 (Edited)
Can't Think of Clever Name
A
My name is 10 characters and 3 syllables. When people shorten my name I politely correct them -twice. After that I just don't respond - because that shortened version is not my name.
In response to Ale Am.
12:59 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Mimi Wells
A
In response to Can't Think of Clever Name.
I’m a double name Southern gal. Lop off that second name at your peril.
02:31 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Can't Think of Clever Name.
Often the short name or nickname does not correspond to how we feel and therefore we do not recognize ourselves in this
01:03 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Can't Think of Clever Name
A
In response to Ale Am.
And often the shorter version is child-like. I know many ( most?) people don't feel infantilized by the diminutive of their name but I do. Especially because it ends in that ie/y sound.
01:15 PM - Dec 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}