Christopher Bouzy
A
There is no reason to apologize. My name uses 11 characters, so it's natural to shorten it. I am typically not bothered by it. However, that individual was intentionally being rude.
Nana of the Shire @Sunshines_Heart
I apologize. I have often shortened your name to Chris when posting here. I didn’t know you prefer we use your full name. I will remember from now on.
07:13 AM - Dec 16, 2023
07:27 AM - Dec 16, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I know the feeling, mine uses 9 characters but still rare that they call me with my full name, so I was forced to use the shortest one, but sometimes I’m bothered about it depending who’s. We're lucky though because ours, “Chris Ale”, aren't that bad
07:46 AM - Dec 16, 2023 (Edited)
Can't Think of Clever Name
A
In response to Ale Am.
My name is 10 characters and 3 syllables. When people shorten my name I politely correct them -twice. After that I just don't respond - because that shortened version is not my name.
12:59 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Ale Am
A
Often the short name or nickname does not correspond to how we feel and therefore we do not recognize ourselves in this
In response to Can't Think of Clever Name.
01:03 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Can't Think of Clever Name
A
In response to Ale Am.
And often the shorter version is child-like. I know many ( most?) people don't feel infantilized by the diminutive of their name but I do. Especially because it ends in that ie/y sound.
01:15 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Can't Think of Clever Name.
Yes, in fact it is like this. The sound it produces is not always perceived by us as ours.
However before, evidently I hadn't had my coffee yet, I said there were nine characters in reality they are 10 and 3 syllables also in my
01:19 PM - Dec 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}