Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 1/3
I kinda get tired of saying it. Your Spoutible experience is determined more by whom you follow - who shows up in your timeline - than by who follows you. Your timeline will be thin gruel unless you follow enough folks whose content is interesting to you.
dani @danismashingit
“The point is to help people find accounts to follow, not to get people more followers”, she whispered quietly to no one.
12:39 AM - Dec 23, 2023
05:58 AM - Dec 23, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 2/3
Your followers can double, triple, quadruple and it won't put a single extra thing in your timeline except for some likes & replies. Your timeline is a curated list of those YOU follow. So to have a robust experience you must look for those who spout things that interest you. It isn't automatic.
06:20 AM - Dec 23, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 3/3
It's why a blue check who comes here, posts their content, and barely follows anyone will perceive Spoutible as an empty room. Well, it is, for them. A literal echo chamber of their own voice.

Whereas a person, quiet as a mouse, who follows many diverse people here can enjoy endless chatter.
06:25 AM - Dec 23, 2023
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Being egalitarian by nature, I pretty much follow anyone who spouts things of interest AND, more importantly, anyone that pays me any attention. I feel like I owe them my reading what they spout too. Of course, that makes my timeline untenable. Someday I might have to rethink this.
09:20 AM - Dec 23, 2023 (Edited)
Elektra 🖖
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
I use lists to keep everyone straight. I do keep my setting on my main timeline, but I’ll switch every so often just so I don’t miss people. I had to put a little work in setting it up but now I just add as I go.
01:15 PM - Dec 23, 2023
Tracy I
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
This is what lists will be useful for once your timeline gets bigger.
01:10 AM - Dec 24, 2023
Elena
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Absolutely
09:03 AM - Dec 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}