Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
thread 1/7
#Long -COVID

This is my story. I want to educate, and I'm not looking for sympathy. Nobody is listening to the CDC, so maybe someone will listen to my story and rethink. I hope so.

I got Delta a few days before my age group was eligible for the jab.
07:23 AM - Dec 24, 2023
A
thread 2/7
The acute part wasn't bad - stomach upset, fever, fatigue, and total loss of taste and smell.

Shortly after, I got clots in my leg and lungs and ended up in hospital and mega doses of heparin. That was a long recovery. I also developed hypothyroidism.

Several symptoms stayed with me.
A
thread 3/7
The fatigue was horrible. My cognitive issues caused me to forget to pay bills, appointments, and even family birthdays! Sometimes, I don't even know what month it is.

Over time, it has improved a little.
A
thread 4/7
I have decent times that can last a few weeks, tho I have to be very careful with scheduled breaks or my heart rate flies up to the 140+ range, and I will pass out.
A
thread 5/7
I also have flares where I have worsening memory, fatigue, low energy, loss of smell/taste, stomach upset, terrible nausea, more migraines, and zero appetite. During a flare, the memory test thing neuros do can score at stage 2 dementia.
A
thread 6/7
Since this has lasted so long and has a clear pattern, docs tell me I am unlikely to fully recover.

I had a full life with a good job. I was enrolled in a Masters program. I loved to cook and bake, and my house was clean.
A
thread 7/7
I'm very lucky to have a day a month where I can clean or cook, but never both on the same day.

So, please, please, get your jab and mask. Every bout of COVID can cause long-COVID. You don't want to be me.

Feel free to share, esp with those who are not keen on the vax at the very least.
Katie E
A
I echo this spout, in addition, to covering your mouth and wash your hands. People like my mom who has SVT and other diseases, even mild covid can kill. We were/are lucky (so far)
08:09 AM - Dec 24, 2023
A
In response to Katie E.
I should have prolly added that, but that's so ingrained in me now...
08:31 AM - Dec 24, 2023
Katie E
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
You are fine! I added it because mom and I probably got this version of covid in the damn emergency room, where NO ONE was wearing masks
08:33 AM - Dec 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}