Michigander
A
thread 1/10
Ok, so all of you spouting pics with your cats in sinks and drinking from spigots ...here's how I broke my nose and had to have surgery bc of my cat and a sink... My kitty, Cecil, used to like to drink from the bathroom sink spigot.
03:22 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Michigander
A
thread 2/10
One Friday evening, I'd just cleaned the sink and was worried he would lick the sink (which he also did) and get sick from the cleanser, so I closed the bathroom door. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and forgot the door was closed...BASH! I almost knocked myself out.
Michigander
A
thread 3/10
I looked in the mirror and I didn't think my nose looked that crooked and it really didn't bleed much, so I figured it wasn't broken. Monday rolls around and I show up at work. I hadn't told anyone what happened.
Michigander
A
thread 4/10
A friend gave me an odd look, like she knew something was wrong with my face but couldn't quite figure out what it was. I told her what had happened and that I didn't think it was broken, but maybe it was. She said, "You deserve a straight nose! Go to the doctor!"
Michigander
A
thread 5/10
So, I went to a nose, throat, and ear doctor on Thursday, so now it's been almost a week since the door incident. Even the nurse said it looked crooked. The doctor said that I would need to have surgery to re-break the nose and set it. 😳
Michigander
A
thread 6/10
At the time, I lived alone with no friends or family close by. I go to the hospital for the surgery. The anesthesiologist (omg I spelled that right the first time!) asked me who was going to drive me home after the surgery. I said no one, my car was in the parking garage and I'd drive myself home.
Michigander
A
thread 7/10
The anesthesiologist said no way. So I said, "Well, I'll call a cab." Um, no. They wouldn't do the surgery until I had secured a ride home. I called my friend and her husband, who worked from home, would drive me home.
Michigander
A
thread 8/10
Surgery went fine. I had a tampon-like thingy sticking out of my nose with the string taped to my cheek. On the ride home, my friend's husband asked if I wanted to stop by a pharmacy to fill my prescription for pain meds.
Michigander
A
thread 9/10
"Nah. I think I'll be ok." I've always had a high tolerance for pain so figured I'd tough it out. He dropped me off and I was on my own at home. A few hours later, the pain got really intense. But my car was still parked in the hospital parking garage and it was raining. All I had was my bike.
Michigander
A
thread 10/10
So, I rode my bike, in the rain, to the pharmacy with a tampon sticking out of my nose. I waited in line looking like a drown rat and got some weird looks from people. In that moment, I realized that I need to be better about asking for help when I need it. Cats...and independence, ya know.
The end
André Ware
A
In response to Michigander.
Okay, Ouch!, What?!, Hmmm, Yep, C'mon!, Whew!, Really?, OMG!, Fuck Them!, Amen!, & Life! 👊🏾😤🤗♥️
03:53 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Pamela Gee
A
In response to André Ware.
That about covers it
04:47 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Michigander
A
In response to André Ware.
I think the funniest part about the whole ordeal was my friend saying very earnestly, "You deserve a straight nose!" 😆
05:12 PM - Dec 25, 2023
ecsbrooklyn
A
I have two questions:

Did the surgery straighten your nose?

Did Cecil play with the tampon string coming out of your nose while he had the opportunity?
03:39 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Michigander
A
In response to ecsbrooklyn.
Yes, altho I think it's still a little crooked.
I think Cecil looked at it when I was holding him, but he didn't want to play with it. 😆
05:11 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Lee Bruce
A
😆 if nothing else you got a great story out of the incident 🤣 😂
03:28 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Michigander
A
In response to Lee Bruce.
😆
03:30 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Susan Buzzell