Kate Head
A
Have have a theory that all these crazy bills in red states have 2 purposes. To be constantly in the media and more importantly to distract from the massive wave of voter suppression legislation in progress.
12:17 AM - Mar 05, 2023
Kate Dobson
A
In response to Kate Head.
Yes, but it's more.
It's to frighten and demoralize people, burn up their resources and energy, exhaust them at all levels, and train Republican voters to feed on blood.

Ron DeSantis specialized in breaking the spirits of prisoners so Gitmo. He gets off in it ... and so do his supporters.
12:37 AM - Mar 05, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
I read this and looked into his actions at Guantanamo. Its utterly horrifying.

People need to know this. DeSantis is a torturer. He's basically a concentration camp overseer made governor and presidential candidate. And a nation of concentration camps is what we will be, if he takes the White Hou
In response to Kate Dobson.
07:06 AM - Mar 05, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
What?
I knew that Ron DeSantis was very bad, but I did not know that he worked at Gitmo.
I'm going to read up on this.
Thanks for saying something.
12:27 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Steve Herzfeld.
DeSantis was at Gitmo as a Navy JAG officer. Supposedly he was there to make sure detainees were treated humanely. Instead, according to the account of a former detainee, he used what they told him to find the most effective ways to torture them, and laughed as he watched it. I'll link it below.
08:53 PM - Mar 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}