Professor Kyle
A
On the one hand, you have to be glad they came around – I didn't think any GOP politicians ever would. But on the other, the fact that they were unmoved by Sandy Hook shows a lack of empathy and ethics.
03:26 PM - Dec 27, 2023
TheQuietOne
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
If they had agreed to do something ten years ago when it might have done some goon then OK. But they went on with their thumbs up their asses for ten years while anyone who can fog a mirror and has $400 left on the credit card bought an AR-15 so too little, too late.
03:56 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
Exactly this!!! I can’t wrap my head around how they didn’t act!!! As well as our fellow citizens in the states where those senators were elected didn’t push them to change the law! It’s an Americanshamethatmany aren’t ashamedof.Ithinkaboutall thefamilieswhohavelostaloved on togunviolence it hurts.
03:31 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Deborah Conway.
I can't even fathom caring more about the right to own weapons of war more than people's lives.
03:32 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Michigander
A
I'll believe it when they *actually* pass legislation....otherwise, it's just meaningless bullshit diarrhea-ing from their mouths, as usual.
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Michigander.
Exactly. And it's easier for senators to say when there's no way in hell the GOP House would vote for it...

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}