Salma Typhii
A
What? Seriously! You boot a Black, disabled elder out of a theater when he's taking his 90 year old momma to see The Color Purple?
09:56 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Donna
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Completely understand Rev Barber's issue with chairs in public places. Hubby has 2 artificial knees, a artificial hip and is 6'8" tall. Impossible to get out of these low chairs made for people 4 ft tall. That includes wheelchairs.Too low. Kills your shoulders trying to get up. Why were police calle
10:17 AM - Dec 29, 2023 (Edited)
Andrew Senior
A
In response to Donna.
Police were called because he's black.

Lucky he wasn't shot.
10:37 AM - Dec 29, 2023 (Edited)
Deb Montague
A
An “apology” is not enough. I’m not sure I’d accept free tickets. I hope he makes them change their disability design across ALL theatres AND make a donation to a charity.
10:11 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
Shameful beyond words- this is what Rev. Dr. Barber does in his “free time”. Absolutely shameful. He and his mother deserve free admission for the rest of their lives. Horrific abuse. https://www.poorpeoplescampaign.org/join-us-as-we-build-the-third-reconstruction/
10:08 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Marie Jamison
A
Everyday I'm stunned by why police are called. I can't imagine what his 90 year old Mom was feeling. This whole thing had to be extremely triggering.
10:06 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Marie Jamison.
And for that* not to enter the heads of the police-caller(s) is the cherry on top of the absolute shamefulness of this situation!!!

*His poor, dear mother’s triggering experience
10:37 AM - Dec 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}