hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
Oh no. Shoes off at the front door. Outside does not come inside with you. Not in my home! 😬
Ola @Olatunde
In this movie, someone comes from an outing and goes straight into the bedroom and jumps on the bed with the shoes on. 😅

I don’t understand it. Wear house slippers or socks.
12:01 AM - Dec 31, 2023
12:14 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Curious Q. Is shoe removal cultural, regional, other? I’ve lived in TX all my life, & we never take our shoes off unless we’ve been asked to (which we’re happy to do, but then dirty socks go back into shoes?). Want to understand reasons behind shoe removal. My floors are gritty 24h after vacuum.
12:54 AM - Dec 31, 2023
A
In response to Laura Vaughn.
Fair Q!
My parents have a shoes-on house. But I have Asian friends (of a few different cultures) who insist on a shoe-free house. It's viewed as more sanitary, and I can see that. So once I got my own place, it's been no-shoes-inside since.
01:00 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
I def see how shoes bring in dirt etc. I guess I can’t conceive of having floors clean enough all the time that guests would not leave thinking “gross!” when they see the bottoms of their feet. lol. I’m not the best housekeeper for sure. Thanks for the insight!
01:03 AM - Dec 31, 2023 (Edited)
A
Perhaps I don't notice because most of my socks are colorful! 🤣

I've also got a long list of allergies/asthma, so bringing less outside in with me makes even more sense. My most recent allergist declared that I'm allergic to the state of NJ. Which is, of course, where I live...
01:06 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
😆 my hubs is allergic to all of TX, and would probably appreciate less outdoors-in from me!
01:10 AM - Dec 31, 2023
A
Ha! I could make a political joke, but all jokes aside, I'm pretty sure I'm even more allergic to Texas than to NJ! Poor guy!
01:26 AM - Dec 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}