Stephen Deakin
A
I have been writing a fair bit about Batman so I thought I would get a sense of people's favourites and then Spout off about them.

Adam West

Christian Bale

Ben Affleck

Michael Keaton

29 votes — 03:35 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Ben East
A
In response to Stephen Deakin.
I clicked Adam West cuz he was my childhood hero but Keaton is the cream of the modern crop for me. The only one who ever got the fundamental weirdness of Bruce & his alter ego. Bale was permanently sombre & Affleck looked like he’d rather be at a board meeting or hanging with his gym bros.
06:36 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
Best Batman or best Bruce Wayne? My favorite Bruce Wayne depiction was Bale in Batman Begins. In the hotel scene, there’s no way anyone would think that Don Jr type moron would be Batman.
05:38 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Stephen Deakin
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
I agree Bale is a superb Bruce Wayne. As Batman Keaton really showed how disturbed and violent he could be and how it spilled into Bruce's life "You wanna get crazy? Come on, let's get crazy".The challenge to the Joker.
05:43 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Rebecca Hulitt
A
Adam West…until Michael Keaton. Those two were it for me.
03:49 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Stephen Deakin
A
In response to Rebecca Hulitt.
I would certainly have entertained the idea of Jim Carrey and Eijah Woods doing a straight up homage to Adam West and Burt Ward in a movie. Keaton was best at making sure we knew that Bruce Wayne was a nutcase.
04:01 PM - Mar 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}