hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
Oh no. Shoes off at the front door. Outside does not come inside with you. Not in my home! 😬
Ola @Olatunde
In this movie, someone comes from an outing and goes straight into the bedroom and jumps on the bed with the shoes on. 😅

I don’t understand it. Wear house slippers or socks.
12:01 AM - Dec 31, 2023
12:14 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Curious Q. Is shoe removal cultural, regional, other? I’ve lived in TX all my life, & we never take our shoes off unless we’ve been asked to (which we’re happy to do, but then dirty socks go back into shoes?). Want to understand reasons behind shoe removal. My floors are gritty 24h after vacuum.
12:54 AM - Dec 31, 2023
A
In response to Laura Vaughn.
Fair Q!
My parents have a shoes-on house. But I have Asian friends (of a few different cultures) who insist on a shoe-free house. It's viewed as more sanitary, and I can see that. So once I got my own place, it's been no-shoes-inside since.
01:00 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
I have several eastern and middle-eastern Asian friends, and am happy to respect their customs in their spaces. I should ask them what they make of my floors, and if they’re uncomfortable removing their shoes (by their choice) in my space. 🤔
01:09 AM - Dec 31, 2023
A
In response to Laura Vaughn.
You might find that your floors are a bit cleaner when people aren't wearing shoes around indoors, anyhow? 🤷‍♀️
01:31 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
Good point!
11:58 AM - Dec 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}