LH Grant
A
Doesn't seem like he has the cajones to officially be a dude....
Frank the Bunny @ZomBunnyFrank
Or, here is another idea: women can do absolutely whatever the fuck they want and men can get over themselves and quit telling them what to do. Stop it now, dudes.
04:08 PM - Dec 27, 2023
04:40 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Andrew Senior
A
In response to LH Grant.
I always told my daughter that girls can do anything that boys can unless it requires brute strength or a penis.
04:46 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Andrew Senior.
Women have brute strength and can easily use something that replicates a penis.
12:46 PM - Dec 31, 2023
Andrew Senior
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Is that universal? Why is spousal abuse almost universally against women? Why do we need to provide women's refuge centres but not the same thing for men?
This started out with me telling my daughter she was capable of almost anything, but has morphed into this strange 'women super strong' thing.
12:52 PM - Dec 31, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
Spousal abuse is mostly against women because of patriarchy & misogyny. And sorry, but to me what you told your daughter is that she can't do everything – especially as strength is something that can easily be added through training if desired.
12:56 PM - Dec 31, 2023
Andrew Senior
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Abuse of women by men is because the average man is much stronger and more aggressive than the average woman. There are limits to how much strength can be achieved by training, and men can also train and the theoretical strength that they can achieve is always going to be more.
01:10 PM - Dec 31, 2023
André Ware
A
The problem with this is the elevation of physical strength, a very toxic masculinity thing to do. By telling your daughter she can do anything BUT what's limited to physical strength (w penis), you've driven that deficit fallacy into her mind when you should have stopped at "you can do anything."
01:58 PM - Dec 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}