Katie Kadwell
A
Watching a woman on Hoarders letting go of her late husband’s clothing and feeling a need to shout out our ride or die friends who are there for us, even at our lowest. I will forever be grateful for a dear friend who took everything except the few items we wanted to Goodwill so I didn’t have to.
01:21 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Dennis Bode
A
In response to Katie Kadwell.
That is what true friends do...
02:08 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
In response to Dennis Bode.
It is. 💜
04:12 PM - Jan 01, 2024
TheQuietOne
A
The father of a friend of ours passed away a couple of years ago. We helped her pack her dad's clothes. Her mom wanted to keep one of his suit jackets. She has it hanging in her closet and when she's feeling down she gives the jacket a hug the smell of her late husband makes her feel better.
01:51 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
I love that. So glad you were able to be there for your friend. I kept his robe, it makes me feel really cozy and close to him when I wear it. 💕
04:16 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
Joining in here. My bestie came to see me right after my mother died. She helped me pack up mom's clothes and take them to Goodwill, and distribute other things to people who wanted them. All the while dealing with me freaking out over giving Mom's things away because *she might come back.* 😭
01:37 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
That is so incredibly real… I had recurring dreams of my husband coming back, especially in those first weeks. Our brains take a while to process and realize they are gone. Hugging you.

GIF ID: Fuzzy yellow creature shyly hugging fuzzy purple creature
04:25 PM - Jan 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}