AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
thread 1/4
I wrote this back in 2016 after a close friend killed themself.

My father committed suicide when I was 12. But that sounds so distant and clinical and doesn’t quite give the full flavor of the situation.
11:04 PM - Jan 02, 2024 (Edited)
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
thread 2/4
What he did was kill himself and leave his 12 year old daughter behind to live with the never-ending remorse, guilt, regret and unfathomable loss that is unique to survivors whose parents chose to leave them in such a deliberate, I’m never coming back, fuck you, kind of way.
11:04 PM - Jan 02, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
thread 3/4
This is something I’ve kept mostly secret because I felt such shame and discomfort whenever I imagined sharing it with anyone, but if my sharing this story keeps just one single person from having to live through this kind of loss, then it’s time I share.
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
thread 4/4
If you ever think your voluntary departure from your children, spouse, parents or loved ones is something they’ll get over, please listen to me when I tell you that you’re wrong. You are so very, very wrong.
https://988lifeline.org/
April Sparkles
A
I’m happy you shared this.

At the same time, I’m sad you lost your Dad in a way that left a profound, unanswered question in your young heart.

There’s no shame here. You were a child with no control over an adult decision.

Letting people know your story could help heal another’s wounds.

💛
In response to AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn.
11:12 PM - Jan 02, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to April Sparkles.
I got an amazing step-dad in the aftermath & he's been a truly amazing dad since but yeah, losing a parent is hard, losing a parent to suicide is, well it's unfathomable. I hope sharing my story will stop someone from doing something like this & forever hurting those they leave behind.
11:14 PM - Jan 02, 2024
April Sparkles
A
In response to AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn.
💛
11:21 PM - Jan 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}