Professor Kyle
A
This is just wrong. If you can't take a stand against Nazis, you have no ethical standing at all. Hate & bigotry should be stamped out, not given a platform in the name of "free speech" (i.e. making a buck). Hope this hurts rather than helps their bottom line, because they deserve a boycott.
Martini C @FeelingGood2023
“I just want to make it clear that we don’t like Nazis either — we wish no one held those views,” Hamish McKenzie, a co-founder of Substack, said in a statement. “But some people do hold those and other extreme views.
04:43 PM - Jan 03, 2024
04:46 PM - Jan 03, 2024
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
I mean... they've shown they're just fine with being an online Nazi bar. I'm not sure what else is out there for the content creators, but I have to imagine many will make a move elsewhere...
In response to Professor Kyle.
04:48 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
I hope people do.... this is where our power lies... we can wait for laws and government to catch up to basic human decency, it won't happen. This makes me want to stop reading all the folks I read on substack. I hope they find a new home.
04:51 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Joan H
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
Have they heard of Spoutible? No, I know it’s a different interface for writing, but I can’t help it…maybe in the future there’s an additional Spoutible offshoot for Writers, @cbouzy ? Ha ha, not like you have your hands full or anything🤷🏾‍♀️😀
05:13 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
What if you told the people you follow/read why you won't read them anymore? If enough did it, would it make the substack think about this more? I don't read or write anything on there.
06:40 PM - Jan 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}