Professor Kyle
A
This is just wrong. If you can't take a stand against Nazis, you have no ethical standing at all. Hate & bigotry should be stamped out, not given a platform in the name of "free speech" (i.e. making a buck). Hope this hurts rather than helps their bottom line, because they deserve a boycott.
Martini C @FeelingGood2023
“I just want to make it clear that we don’t like Nazis either — we wish no one held those views,” Hamish McKenzie, a co-founder of Substack, said in a statement. “But some people do hold those and other extreme views.
04:43 PM - Jan 03, 2024
04:46 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Nope
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
What makes it really strange is, they have seen the collapse of Twitter and the valuation crashing as these same policies go into practice.
That makes me believe they are taking a position as much or more, than making a business decision.
08:10 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Nope.
Very true.
10:02 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Nope.
Good observation.
10:06 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Siobhán Maree
A
Adds ‘cancel Substack subscriptions’ to to-do list
06:31 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to Siobhán Maree.
Same. I started, and I'm annoyed that I can't tell the authors why I'm unsubscribing. "I like your content, but Substack has become a Nazi bar."
11:48 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Captain Renault
A
Right? The Nazis can create their own website if they want to publish their vile content.
05:30 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Drea
A
So many really good content creators there - many who don't post elsewhere. Hoping there's a shift to another platform, but I'm not sure which one.
05:10 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Nope
A
In response to Drea.
I hope they are able to all join together and 'boycott' until the policy changes.
08:05 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Martini C
A
Watching people who are protected in society cavalierly create and monetise more harm for people who are not ....is infuriating.
05:10 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Martini C
A
Especially by disingenuous tech weasels pretending they are stand ins for the government.
05:09 PM - Jan 03, 2024
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
I mean... they've shown they're just fine with being an online Nazi bar. I'm not sure what else is out there for the content creators, but I have to imagine many will make a move elsewhere...
04:48 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
I hope people do.... this is where our power lies... we can wait for laws and government to catch up to basic human decency, it won't happen. This makes me want to stop reading all the folks I read on substack. I hope they find a new home.
04:51 PM - Jan 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}