Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 1/5
What cracks me up about this argument is I'm sure you always replace your plumber with a new one right out school. And when looking for a doctor, you want the residents who just started.

And in a restaurant, a chef who has never put together a meal.

People just string words together.
Mister Moss @Generation79
And how many great new ones might we gain? There are plenty of governmental roles at every level for career politicians to not fill the same roles decade after decade.

So I'll stay right here.
12:51 PM - Jan 02, 2024
01:08 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 2/5
Like politics is the only thing in the world where knowing what you're doing is assumed to be a problem.

And people repeat carefully-crafted propaganda phrases like "career politician" and never ever question if the underlying premise is ludicrous.

Which it is.

IT IS LUDICRICOUS.
01:10 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 3/5
When you see things like this spout, ask yourself, "who does it serve?"

"Who do they mean?"

BC it never seems to be people like Mitch McConnell or Grassley, but Sen. Durbin and Pres. Biden.
01:22 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 4/5
And for another example, why would someone who has never done the job before be "more effective?"

How does that make any sense?

We tend to gloss over these statements and start by accepting the premise, but DO NOT ACCEPT THE PREMISE.

QUESTION THE PREMISE. Don't let them tell you where to start
01:26 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 5/5
And the answer to the question of who it serves:

Lobbyists and the people pulling their strings.

https://spoutible.com/thread/24979564
01:58 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Kirk Shelton
A
How will you know something new is going to be worse? The dinosaurs in govt were once new and people took a chance on them. If shit's fucked up in the same ways for 40 years maybe the same person making decisions all that time needs to stop & give someone else a chance.
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
11:32 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Kirk Shelton.
That's why we have elections.
12:02 PM - Jan 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}