Christopher Bouzy
A
I never said Spoutible wouldn't utilize algorithms. Spoutible has utilized AI and algorithms from day one. I said we would provide an algorithm-free timeline that would display spouts in chronological order.
Thunderschnozzle @Thunderschnozzle
Don't get me wrong, I think this new "curated" and "recommended" features are a wonderful addition to Spoutible that will facilitate it's "social" aspect. However, isn't this the very concept of "algorithm" that Spoutible was trying to avoid using? I mean, a good algorithm is still an algorithm.
11:43 AM - Jan 04, 2024
11:51 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Thunderschnozzle
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Alright, fair enough 👍
04:03 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
Thanks for clarifying "algorithm"-- I have previously resisted posting to counter some of the misunderstanding around this. Everything online is an "algorithm"- even posts from people you follow in order of recency. Spoutible is not algorithm-free, it just is user-centric rather than algo-centric.
01:00 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
ie, an algorithm is just a set of rules-- not some evil formula. The "no algorithm" belief was never technically true nor should it be-- we want to see posts from people we follow (a simple algorithm). Other platforms use algorithms to manipulate posts (and emotions) to monetize engagement.
01:03 PM - Jan 04, 2024
MeiMei
A
Which I appreciate!!! It drives me crazy seeing things up on top when it’s something initially posted 3 days ago
12:18 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Annette & Vizsla Tucker
A
I like spouts in chronological order.
That makes perfect sense.
12:11 PM - Jan 04, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
AI and algorithms seem a lot like any other tool in this case.

That is, just because hammers have been used to hurt people doesn't mean you should throw them out of the toolbox.
12:01 PM - Jan 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}