Christopher Bouzy
A
I never said Spoutible wouldn't utilize algorithms. Spoutible has utilized AI and algorithms from day one. I said we would provide an algorithm-free timeline that would display spouts in chronological order.
Thunderschnozzle @Thunderschnozzle
Don't get me wrong, I think this new "curated" and "recommended" features are a wonderful addition to Spoutible that will facilitate it's "social" aspect. However, isn't this the very concept of "algorithm" that Spoutible was trying to avoid using? I mean, a good algorithm is still an algorithm.
11:43 AM - Jan 04, 2024
11:51 AM - Jan 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
Thanks for clarifying "algorithm"-- I have previously resisted posting to counter some of the misunderstanding around this. Everything online is an "algorithm"- even posts from people you follow in order of recency. Spoutible is not algorithm-free, it just is user-centric rather than algo-centric.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
01:00 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
ie, an algorithm is just a set of rules-- not some evil formula. The "no algorithm" belief was never technically true nor should it be-- we want to see posts from people we follow (a simple algorithm). Other platforms use algorithms to manipulate posts (and emotions) to monetize engagement.
01:03 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
So unless you want to see all posts (or no posts) some kind of algorithm (a set of rules) is required. Spoutible is striving to put the user more in control so algorithms (just a set of rules) create a better user experience and build the community rather than manipulate and monetize.
@cbouzy
01:05 PM - Jan 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}