Christopher Bouzy
A
Users who are blocked can't reply to your threads, nor can they reply to other users replying to your threads. Blocked means blocked here at Spoutible.
LaMott Jackson (CG) @Lamottjackson
That's a good action. I also would perfer when I block people that they know I blocked them. They also shouldn't be allowed to comment on any thread I create going forward in case they try to harass those I allow in my circle.
09:57 AM - Mar 06, 2023
09:59 AM - Mar 06, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Good
04:28 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Robin Brenizer
A
I love this! Solves big problems imo
04:07 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
The blocking functionality, specifically the thread-level aspect of it, you've implemented is problematic:
- It allows "piling on" by proponents of one side in a debate if anyone in the debate blocks a given user.
- It prevents further discourse in the thread among participants who may want to.
11:28 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
In response to Tony_Bell.
People who want to “engage in further discourse” can do so in their own threads; they don’t need to do it in my replies.
And someone in my replies blocking a spouter wouldn’t stop the spouter from replying to *my* spout; it would only block downstream from whoever had blocked them.
05:31 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Meg Smythe
A
In response to Tony_Bell.
At Twitter I’ve experienced many instances of piling on. Here, only one and that was due to a misunderstanding.

At Twitter if I comment I either have to be in protected mode or be ready to block literally hundreds of trolls as fast as I can.
06:14 PM - Jan 05, 2024
Steve Herzfeld
A
Spoutible is so much better.
I have a thick skin and I'm used to right-wingers calling me names and being jerks on the bird app, but I can't tell you how much more enjoyable it is here on Spoutible where most people treat others with respect and get booted if they don't.
10:20 AM - Mar 06, 2023
CarbonHal
A
@cbouzy Is there anyway to give feedback about images giving false positives with the new picture scan feature?
10:15 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Amy Wolf
A
The bit where they get to fire off an insult at you that you see, and then block you, is annoying. My remedy is what ? Block them back?
10:06 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Amy Wolf
A
In response to Amy Wolf.
In fairness, it seems I responded to their spout first
10:39 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
In response to Amy Wolf.
1. If in debating someone, insults are among the retorts one's opponent offers, all readers of the debate can see that the one levying insults is losing.

2. While that functionality may discomfit one who's the object of said insult, the feature you note works the other way round too. ...

(1/2)
11:01 AM - Mar 06, 2023
C. E.
A
No reach through the phone and punch them in the neck feature?
10:05 AM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}