Portia McGonagal
A
"Bellew has since been charged with ethnic intimidation and harassment, and now Amy's owner Omar Quiñonez tells Delco Today that his business has been flooded with support from both local residents and even people living abroad."

Shouldn't have to take a racist's BS but...upside.
10:50 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
The #BoomerangEffect continues to be on our side.
#patience
#diligence
02:40 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Weemo
A
The shameless of displaying one's ignorance never ceases to cringingly baffle me.
12:52 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Kim A
A
Oh how I love when hatred backfires. 🥳
12:22 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Angela
A
How small of a person you have to be to get upset that a tv has a language other than your primary language playing. Being multilingual is a valuable skill and I wish our education system introduced other languages when we are young enough to absorb them.
12:21 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Sonia C
A
When I read and hear of people like Bellew, I wonder if she’s ever listened to the accents and colloquialisms from different parts of America? As a Southerner, I have to concentrate very hard when I hear a New Englander, Appalachian Mountains, or any other different region speak. Ignorance and fear.
11:47 AM - Mar 06, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
Only in America are people weirdly proud of only speaking English. Bizarrely calling multi-lingual people ignorant, they become enraged just by having to hear another language even if people are talking to each other.
11:13 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
Self justification is a thing.
02:27 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
This attitude is common in the UK as well (or at least in southern England, where I used to live). There's no greater crime than "talking foreign" in the street or on public transport. Brexit has amplified all manner of regressive attitudes, but the language thing was always there.
12:29 AM - Mar 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}