Portia McGonagal
A
"Bellew has since been charged with ethnic intimidation and harassment, and now Amy's owner Omar Quiñonez tells Delco Today that his business has been flooded with support from both local residents and even people living abroad."

Shouldn't have to take a racist's BS but...upside.
10:50 AM - Mar 06, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
Only in America are people weirdly proud of only speaking English. Bizarrely calling multi-lingual people ignorant, they become enraged just by having to hear another language even if people are talking to each other.
11:13 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
This attitude is common in the UK as well (or at least in southern England, where I used to live). There's no greater crime than "talking foreign" in the street or on public transport. Brexit has amplified all manner of regressive attitudes, but the language thing was always there.
In response to stephanie roberts.
12:29 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Torchy Windrush Brown
A
In response to Wojciech Kałuża.
My parents left England around the time of the miners strike, the multiple economic riots and racist attacks and riots. The troubles were in full swing. It sounds like that time is coming again with the Tory inadequacy, Brexit economy and the food shortages.
10:08 PM - Mar 07, 2023 (Edited)
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to Torchy Windrush Brown.
I think they're already there. What the Tories have been doing to refugees, the performative cruelty and dehumanisation - that's just manufacturing consent for what they'll do next to everyone, if they're allowed.

"And if you tolerate this then your children will be next..." 🎶
11:32 PM - Mar 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}