Phred
A
While the spaghetti sauce is cooking, I made broccoli chicken stir fry with homemade sweet and spicy sauce. 4 bags to go into the freezer because our living space is small and quickly becomes combustible when we eat too much broccoli.
Phred @Phred
Next up: Sauce in crockpot. Tomatoes, roasted garlic, onion and a gob of spices. And maybe I’ll throw in mushrooms toward the end.
04:36 PM - Jan 06, 2024
05:40 PM - Jan 06, 2024
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Phred.
Do you cook the broccoli before freezing? When I defrost and reheat broccoli that's been cooked, it gets mushy. How do I avoid that?
05:51 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Phred
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
I don’t cook it all the way. It’s still crunchy. When I reheat these stir fries, I make sure the pan is hot and as soon as the broccoli is hot enough, I take it off the heat.
For just regular broccoli, same. I cook till it’s cooked but still has a crunch. Then freeze.
BUT I’m not a good cook🤣
06:18 PM - Jan 06, 2024 (Edited)
Kay Emell
A
In response to Phred.
You’re going to eat the peppers raw, though, right? You’re on team No Cooked Bell Peppers?
05:42 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Phred
A
In response to Kay Emell.
Cooked green bell peppers remind me of those horrible things that my momma stuffed. Blech.
Yellow and red are delicious roasted. Soooo sweet!
06:21 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Phred
A
In response to Kay Emell.
Oh wait. Sausage and peppers and onions. Yes. That I do cook green bell peppers.
06:22 PM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}