Book Club
A
I remember the arrival of ‘the’ magazine. Ours was National Geographic. Every member of the household read it or scoured the pictures. What a great memory. Reading #Spoutories with morning coffee.
Ike K @NotPOTUS34
#Spoutories

As a boy, the old man loved #Life Magazine. He eagerly awaited its weekly arrival in the mailbox. It was mostly pictures. There was one special photo inside the back page which he always found particularly interesting. What was that photo called, he wonders.
06:41 PM - Jan 06, 2024
09:56 AM - Jan 07, 2024
Yvette
A
In response to Book Club.
We got National Geographic, Time & Newsweek. In the 70’s Newsweek was more liberal and not the right wing rag it has become! My Grandpa subscribed to Playboy. My friends didn’t believe me when I told them. I tore out the CENTERFOLD to prove it! I got in big TROUBLE! I was pretty popular 4 a day! 😂
01:18 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Ike K
A
In response to Book Club.
We also subscribed to National Geographic. I loved that magazine. In the late 50’s (early 60’s?) I was a member of the local Boys Club. It had a library of National Geographic Magazines going back at least to WW2. I spent some good times in that library.
12:48 AM - Jan 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}