Simon Sands
A
“The moon holds a sacred place in Navajo cosmology,” Nygren said in a Thursday statement. “The suggestion of transforming it into a resting place for human remains is deeply disturbing and unacceptable to our people and many other tribal nations.”
🤓I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY🤓
01:17 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
I learned the Navajo think their religious dogma should stand in the way of the entire planet's scientific progress. It's not a good look.
In response to Simon Sands.
01:22 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Agingfashionably
A
In response to Blair Houghton.
I just have one question, what does sending human remains to the moon have to do with “scientific progress”?
04:22 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Agingfashionably.
What does interfering in a mission with numerous scientific experiments on it have to do with magic space ghosts?
06:46 PM - Jan 07, 2024
ALIS ITLATOL
A
I learned that the euro-anthropocentric-science-supremacist-dogmatic Doctrines & Bulls worldview is still unable to comprehend that Indigenous Cultures include quantum physics sciences that are at least 10s of 1000s of yrs older than euro sciences & are Not "religions".
02:32 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Bowerydoll
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
Yakoke waske. Absolute TRUTH🖐🏾🔥🎯
08:12 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Idiots Abound, LLC
A
Scientific progress? What are we learning?
02:13 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Nora Nanza
A
In response to Idiots Abound, LLC.
We're learning that for a measley $12,995.00 you too can have your ashes sent via rocket to polute the moon..

This is next level bonkers. We're such a stupid, arrogant, gullible, glutonous species.
02:27 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
Polluting other celestial bodies because we're addicted to garbage is NOT scientific progress by any means or measure.
02:04 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Joon Bugg.
We can tidy up when we get to the point we can fill the position of Lunar Cemetery Caretaker.
06:49 PM - Jan 07, 2024

Only followers of this user (BattleFuzz) can see their posts

Lee Bruce
A
In response to BattleFuzz.
Hear hear !! 👏
02:02 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
In response to BattleFuzz.
Space is bigger than you have ever imagined, and has zero ecology to mess up. It's better to put our waste molecules up there than down here.
06:51 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
As opposed to the dogma that all scientific progress is equal? We send corpses to space (dead whitey to the moon) but people are dying from under researched disease here. I prefer Navajo view
https://dlib.indiana.edu/omeka/mathers/exhibits/show/navajo_weavings/balance-beauty
01:58 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I didn't check the race of the cremains.

Religion shouldn't stand in the way of a snot rocket, much less one carrying a number of useful experiments plus some whimsical funding benefits.
06:53 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Socio-gen
A
How does taking human remains to the moon contribute in any way to scientific progress?

Not that I think *any* religious/other beliefs should be a determinant of *anything* related to space exploration. We'd have people objecting to rocket launches for fear of startling the Great A'Tuin and such.
01:50 PM - Jan 07, 2024
benniehowie loves you, too
A
In response to Socio-gen.
To be fair, startling the Great A’Tuin could be cataclysmic…
02:22 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Socio-gen.
I wouldn't care if they removed the remains and let the rest of the scientific package fly, except that at this point changing the payload mass properties would require redesign and reconfiguration and retesting that could indicate the effective launch window or cause experiments to expire.
06:59 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Simon Sands
A
ok then...LOL
01:23 PM - Jan 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}