E.G. for Example
A
Minor correction: Saying he is more trouble than he is worth to this platform implies he is any worth to this platform.
Isa-Lee Wolf @IsaLeeWolf
Look who blocked me, everyone!!

I guess he doesn't want to be called out again. Sorry all, next time is on you.

Just because his spouts insisting on his ableism to me may be gone, doesn't make them disappear.

He is definitely more trouble than he is worth to this platform, in my opinion.
09:45 PM - Jan 07, 2024
12:42 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to E.G. for Example.
Normally I'd say I chose my words and I mean them and do not need to be corrected, but in this specific instance, I will agree, he is not worth any trouble.
12:46 PM - Jan 08, 2024
E.G. for Example
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
That's rather prickly, but I apologize if my attempt at a humorous "minor correction" framing offended you. Clearly I'm on your side.
12:51 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
OH OK, we're going to have THIS conversation.

"Correcting" people like that, generally, is condescending. People choose the words they choose and they do not need you to fix them.

Calling me "prickly" for setting a boundary shifts the responsibility from you for your words to me.

Don't do that.
01:00 PM - Jan 08, 2024
E.G. for Example
A
I take full responsibility for my words and I apologize again for the word "correction," which plainly triggers you. I should have said "I'd suggest one change" or "Possible edit" or "You're giving him too much credit."
01:10 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
That is a better apology than the first, so thank you.

"Correction" doesn't "trigger" me.

It is the implication that you better know how to express someone's point than the person who made it. All of your alternatives do the same.

It's not specific to me; women deal with it all the time. 1/
01:12 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
I'm simply the one breaking down for you why it is problematic and telling you it is condescending.

If you want to add to a point someone makes, you can take a page from comedy and "yes and."

Others' ideas are not yours to reform, and you are not a teacher or authority figure giving a grade. 2/2
01:15 PM - Jan 08, 2024
E.G. for Example
A
Fair enough. I don't think only "yes and" is acceptable and "maybe this instead" is never, because I write for a living and get pushback (not just on Spoutible) every day. I strongly disagree that editing is by definition condescending, but it's important never to let it be.
01:31 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Editing is not condescending WHEN YOU ARE A PERSON'S EDITOR.

You are not my editor. Do you see the difference? No one here needs your help unless they ask for it.

You are so lodged in your idea that you are somehow the arbiter, this isn't working.

I'll change tactics.
01:36 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Not a terrible idea but I hope you take something from my examples.

E. G.
01:43 PM - Jan 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}