Valarie Miller
A
I think the key to understanding what people who claim Twitter is "free speech" means is to realize they mean:

It's freedom for the OPRESSOR to say whatever they want freely without consequence.

When you just know that's what they mean, it's no longer confusing to everyone else 😉
Carole Tyler @CaroleTyler
News from the Twilight Zone:

"I’m announcing a new partnership today with X where under elonmusk leadership, free speech is not only protected, it is celebrated. We will be bringing you stories & news about the truth of what’s happening in our country..."

—Tulsi Gabbard
11:27 AM - Jan 09, 2024
11:35 AM - Jan 09, 2024 (Edited)
Tony
A
In response to Valarie Miller.
Yes ‘war is peace’ freedom is slavery’, ‘ ignorance is strength’….
08:32 PM - Mar 31, 2024
Lefty_Left_Left
A
I'd add that it's "free speech" until they have the power to end *your* free speech. Remember when these "free speech" absolutists giggled about maga almost running the Biden/Harris campaign bus off the road in TX?
07:03 PM - Feb 15, 2024
Ves Lee
A
Good spout , .nice read and true
02:09 AM - Jan 11, 2024
MyCupOfTeaLCSW
A
Especially when he very obviously blocks/hinders accounts of people who call him out or point out his bullshit. Everyone that celebrates Musk operates on some- let's say limited- ideas of who should be allowed to talk and who shouldn't
01:56 PM - Jan 09, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
Something tells me that Musk watched Succession and thought to himself, "You know, self. I could be an even bigger pr*ck than ole Logan!"
11:46 AM - Jan 09, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to TriXteR Phillips.
He's doing a great job of it, too.
11:49 AM - Jan 09, 2024
Michael Allbritton
A
Exactly this. To the #GQP "free speech" means freedom from consequences. Which, of course, means oppressors get to say what they want, and everyone else has to keep quiet about it. We know this isn't how it works. Just ask #CrazyRudy Giuliani. And soon #CrazyKari Lake.
11:40 AM - Jan 09, 2024
Susan McBride
A
Speaking as someone who was evicted from Twitter without explanation (most likely for being too truthy), I can vouch for that.
11:39 AM - Jan 09, 2024
Valarie Miller
A
In response to Susan McBride.
Keep up the good fight!
11:40 AM - Jan 09, 2024
Dr K
A
Amen👏🏾
11:36 AM - Jan 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}