eanybean
A
I think I'm suffering from Dickens Fatigue. My project to read all his works in chronological order has me currently not enjoying 'The Cricket on the Hearth' which is a short, heartwarming tale of love and home. It should be a light, easy read, but I keep dozing off. Time for a break.
09:19 PM - Jan 09, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to eanybean.
I've gone through author reading phases like this and the key for me was to insert a completely different author & literary style every few works. My wise granny used to say, "Too much of a good thing is still too much."
We were made for variety.
08:06 AM - Jan 10, 2024
AmaganQuiltsCrafts
A
In response to eanybean.
I'm reading everything Stephen King has ever written by publication date, I think I'm 50 books in and I so feel this!
07:29 AM - Jan 10, 2024
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to eanybean.
Reading authors like that is something I'd do. When you get to The Mystery of Edwin Drood, afterwards give Dan Simmons' novel Drood a try. I absolutely loved how he took Wilkie Collins' point of view for that one.
09:24 PM - Jan 09, 2024
eanybean
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
Thanks for the tip! That may be some way off, but I've bookmarked your reply to remind me 😊
09:27 PM - Jan 09, 2024
Beti
A
In response to eanybean.
I haven’t read David Copperfield so I hefted up a copy. May take a while to screw up my courage.
09:23 PM - Jan 09, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to eanybean.
I couldn't do it withoutbreakingit up with something else. Too often you can tell he was getting paid by the word and Victorians were florid to begin with!
09:20 PM - Jan 09, 2024
eanybean
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
That's great advice and just what I will do. My son got me a book for Christmas and I think I'll dive right into that.
09:23 PM - Jan 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}