Just Piper
A
I’ll say it until my last breath in this god forsaken state. Florida is an honest to goodness nazi state operating within our United States. Florida is not part of the “United” part. Along with Texas, Florida should be cut off!
Black Intellect @Black_Intellect
You Could Soon Be Fined for Defamation for Calling Someone Racist in Florida | https://newrepublic.com/po...
10:45 PM - Jan 09, 2024
02:53 AM - Jan 10, 2024
StDunstan
A
In response to Just Piper.
Friends sold their winter use house in Florida, and use the money to travel and explore other countries and cultures. Reminds me of the 'Travel is fatal' Mark Twain quote.
01:18 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Illegitimate Scotus
A
Blue Texan here. I will say this as politely as I can. Fuck off with this horseshit. We need assistance- not abandonment.
09:50 AM - Jan 10, 2024
Just Piper
A
In response to Illegitimate Scotus.
Thing is, these red states get more assistance or equal as all other states. In Florida, I’ve been involved in several national and local democrat campaigns. Many of us do fight. It all falls short. The GOP has rigged the state. Gerrymandering and cheating. I still stick with my pinned post.
10:17 AM - Jan 10, 2024
3Cs: Cannabis, Cats, and Coffee
A
This floridian begs to differ.
08:05 AM - Jan 10, 2024
Just Piper
A
In response to 3Cs: Cannabis, Cats, and Coffee.
We’re all going to differ on varying opinions and how to deal with them. I’m not a Florida native, but my grandparents are. All I hear are sad stories of how wonderful Florida was before it became the Republican swamp it now is. Over crowded, high property taxes and insurance and crooked politics.
09:22 AM - Jan 10, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
No, Florida should not be "cut off". Nor should Texas. There are millions of Americans living there who aren't fascist, and not one inch of American soil should be surrendered to fascism.

They should be liberated.
03:39 AM - Jan 10, 2024
3Cs: Cannabis, Cats, and Coffee
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Thank you so much for saying this. "Liberated" is the perfect word.
08:12 AM - Jan 10, 2024
Just Piper
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
What does “liberated” look like and how is that accomplished? Florida’s been under GOP fascist rule since about 1952 and only getting redder and more nazi-like. I’ve worked my ass off here in election years, while rich GOP keep moving here. It’s the Eye of Sauron for GOP evil. Give them secession.
09:17 AM - Jan 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}