L_Saki
A
thread 1/3
Is there anyone here on Spoutible who can help this Canadian engage the US healthcare system? I have an elderly relative in Texas whose insurance company is withholding authorization for scans, delaying cancer treatment. Diagnosis was almost 2 mo ago. #USHealthCare #PatientAdvocate #ElderCare
10:08 AM - Jan 10, 2024 (Edited)
L_Saki
A
thread 2/3
Many thanks to everyone for their input, advice and support. There have been many steps forward for which I am so grateful.
02:37 PM - Jan 11, 2024
L_Saki
A
thread 3/3
This is the latest message though, and I am finding it incomprehensible: "Chemo medication is not approved by Humana; we don't when we can start chemotherapy" #USHealthCare vs #CdnHealthCare
02:40 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Guilty!
A
Wouldn't hurt to get in touch with an Ombudsman. Should be posters all over the hospital with name and contact info for the ombudsman for the area.
In response to L_Saki.
10:19 AM - Jan 10, 2024
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
In response to Guilty!.
That's what I was going to suggest. Hospital systems have patient advocates for these type of situations. Also the insurance company should also have a grievance department. There's no reason why this isn't covered. 💜♾️
11:01 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Guilty!
A
In response to Guilty!.
Also any of the hospital doctors or nurses should give you the information for reaching the ombudsman upon your request.
10:51 AM - Jan 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}